Re: MR. Gann (correction)

At 09:06 AM 8/12/97 -0600, Equis Support wrote:

>Sometimes the links created by OLE II do not update.  Right click on the
>chart and select update links.  If you are referring to a chart being
>opened and not having the latest data in it, it is probably because the
>data vendor is not following the file requirements when writing to the
>MetaStock data files.  If you have MetaStock for Windows, or The
>DownLoader for Windows open when this zip file update is occurring, then
>that is why the data isn't available as they are not using our file
>library and therefore the information is not being written to the Master
>and Emaster files as our library has them locked.

I do not see "select update links" when I right click on the chart as you
suggested.   I made sure that MetaStock is closed when I initiate action to
update the database.

>As far as "read only" Master and Emaster files, that usually happens
>when you exit MetaStock for Windows abnormally.  Are there files in the
>data folder that begin with a ~?  Those are what is left when an
>abnormal termination occurs.  If you start MetaStock of The DownLoader,
>it will tell you that you are still using the files and when you OK you
>will have access to the data.
>
>Equis Support

There are some files in the data folder that begin with a ~, however they
could not be deleted (deletion denied).  These files are: ~msfl.inx,
~msfl.lck and ~msfl.sec.  There was one ~msfl.usr that could be deleted away.

In the Downloader, I could see the latest date available, but it did not
appear in the corresponding chart.  I did a Tools, Test of the whole data
folder, and the error message for each counter was Error #1087:  "Last date
differs from MASTER".

When I close and open again MetaStock or The DownLoader, it did not tell me
that I am still using the files and ask me to click OK to have access to
the data.

Hope the above details will help you to diagnose the problem.