Pick the Bottom!

Re:  TASC, July 1997, p.42, "Dynamic Zones" by Zamansky & Stendahl.

Thanks to Terry Garrison and Vitaly Larichev for their contributions.
Both suggested Bollinger bands applied to oscillators as replacements
for fixed buy/sell trigger levels.  A couple of other possibilities
might be Standard Error bands, and using a percentage of the range over
the lookback period.  All have the advantage of availability within
MetaStock.

I'm still working on replicating the original procedure in Excel.  It
may be first year statistics but it's a foreign language to me.  I don't
know a lot about Excel either.  Or TA. Or ...

The authors claim that their approach applied to Williams %R "can
outperform any indicator-based system in its class."  It will be
interesting to make some objective comparisons.

Harvey Pearce, Victoria, B.C., Canada.