Subj:  Telescan Training Feedback
Date:  97-08-13 21:43:02 EDT
From:  IANFORUM

Daniel Hollander, VP Sales and Consumer Marketing at Telescan, asked me
to post this on the Board.  It is in two parts:

Recently, as you know, Ian Woodward and a team from Telescan met in
Houston to focus on educational and training efforts for our customers
going forward. I want to highlight some of the issues and suggestions
that came out of that forum but first some news of an immediate nature.

I am announcing the availability of HGS 101 and HGS 201 to be presented
by Ian here in Houston on October 18th and October 19th at our Telescan
facilities. The Adam’s Mark Hotel near the office has agreed to a rate
of $79.00 Single and $82.00 Double for that weekend when you specify the
HGS workshop.

Based on past experience and the initial response, we are targeting the
class size for at least 50 attendees and have therefore set that as a
minimum goal for presenting the workshop. September 15th will be the go
no go decision date still allowing you ample time to purchase airline
tickets at the best rates.

Watch the What’s New screen on TIP and Wall Street City as well as
banner ads on Wall Street City announcing the workshop this week. We
look forward to seeing many of you here in October.

Now back to our Houston meeting.

All of us agreed that the notes and calls we received from many of you
regarding our postponing of the seminars was a positive sign. We heard
loud and clear that you wanted training to continue. For our part, we
look forward each year to coming up with a schedule of workshops that
will give as many customers as possible the opportunity to attend a live
presentation. We feel we have been a leader in this area for the last
four years. Our workshops and forums have been one of the few
opportunities for individual investors to learn various investing
strategies along with effective use of their software investment. During
the remainder of this year, we are going to explore every avenue
available to us to be able to have a realistic training schedule for you
next year.

Your comments on the Training Evaluation Sheets indicate that many of
you prefer an expanded training offering at our Forums as opposed to a
heavy offering of industry experts. While you enjoy hearing from a
featured keynote speaker of two, you come to see us to learn.

As a result, we are evaluating presenting a Forum that would allow you
to choose various tracks that would  cater to the various levels of
investors that attend. You might have a choice between a track for HGS
or one for Cyber Investing. A track for the new user who doesn’t want a
strategy just yet but wants to learn Prosearch, Technical Analysis and
various other subjects.

Many investors enjoy meeting and working with our consulting staff so
extra time might be built in to allow for interacting at workstations
with them to pick up some of the “gee I didn’t know that” kind of stuff
as well. You’ll hear more about this as the plan takes shape.

Now as you might have guessed, there is a certain amount of fixed cost
that goes into ensuring that you have a good learning experience when
you attend one of these workshops or forums. Along with that, frankly,
is also the respect for the speakers who when pressed will tell you that
it is easier to generate excess enthusiasm for a group of 100 than it is
for 20.

With that in mind, it’s important to have a generous response from our
customer base in each city where we are scheduled. Without detailing all
of them, the costs to go on the road with one of the workshop sessions
is substantial when you consider support staff travel, hotel and meal
costs, equipment rentals, meeting space and speaker fees. Like any
business, we would like to make a profit and our shareholders demand it.
That’s why we hope you can understand our concern when the first three
workshops early this year were drawing no more than 25 attendees.

Cont'd on Part 2

Subj:  T* Training Feedback P2
Date:  97-08-13 21:45:52 EDT
From:  IANFORUM

Cont'd......>

For our part we are looking at various ways to get the word out to our
customer base often and early. We are reviewing both the cities and
number of times we’ll present the workshops. All this in an effort to
minimize our financial exposure and yet not impact your ability to
attend a quality training session. Feel confident that we will do our
very best in this area but we must have your support.

Each workshop in the future will be planned with go/no go dates that we
hope will minimize the cost and inconvenience to you and Telescan.

You want the workshops to continue, we heard that. We will work to that
end to supply you with what you need. We in turn need your continued
support of our efforts by personally participating, inviting a friend or
someone not familiar with Telescan to attend and doing one or both as
early in the registration cycle as possible.

Together we can and will make this work. I, all of us, at Telescan and
of course Ian Woodward value your past support and look forward to
meeting your needs in the future.

Daniel Hollander, Vice President, Sales and Consumer Marketing