Re: Disk Crash

 I have, since early times, recognized that no one tries to maximize their
bottom line in the market. We take paths that fit our personality and our
knowledge. The choices we make as to what to trade or not trade, what
indicators to use or not, etc.; limit us in some way. There are those that
expect a return that beats the bank, some seek 25-50% a year, some just want
to gamble. If I told you that the holy grail exist, it required you invest
all your free cash in a 50 cent stock that you bought and sold every 4 days
at 2:30 PM and never take action on a day that it was raining in Lubbock,
TX; few would jump in. But that might be the way to achieve double or more
what your returns are now. But it wouldn't fit your mindset.

We restrict ourselves by the time spent in study and the gaining of
knowledge about the market and our software. Some spend 12-18 hours a day at
it, full time; while others less than 2 hours on a weekend. We restrict our
study to only things that fit our mindset. Gann or full moons scarce some
away. Some look at a Buffett and only see random luck. Or Lynch as a
bloodsucker of other people's money. While others see the value.

We all have had some success in life, as we sit in front of our $3000
computers speaking across the net to our faceless fellow posters. Therefore,
we feel we KNOW what is best and right based on our mindset. I sit and
wonder why anyone would trade the stocks I see posted here or use the
indicators they do. But that is all right, they won't change my mindset, and
I won't change many of theirs.

Now a word on this list! It was called the METASTOCK list. Logic would say
that it would focus on the software and how to use it. It follows  that
Equis would use it to educate and communicate with the customer and in their
absence, customers would address the software. If someone was  using this
list for stock picks or learning to trade; it should be the last choice of
the 100s of lists, BBs, chat, formats available on the net. It would seem
anyone seeking that type of knowledge would look elsewhere. But we are
"self-policing", so what we see is what we get. Little mention of software
and  varied subjects of differing value according to your mindset. I have
learn to use the delete key as some may have already done there by missing a
view of my mindset.

Richard Estes