New Member

Thanks, that's a good offer.  At the risk of
boring the more experienced traders in the group .
. .

I have often heard that pit traders will on
occasion "run the stops".  I understand what that
means, but I don't understand how a decision is
reached to undertake what would appear to be such
a concerted action.

Let's assume stops have accumulated at a certain
level. Naturally, the pit is aware of them.  How
do you reach for those prices?  How is that
implemented?  Is there a kind of collusion that
occurs?  (Sorry, that's a rather strong word.)  Is
it a kind of instinctual surge in the direction of
the stops?  Is it discussed, whispered from one
guy to the next: "Psst.  Let's run the stops at
such and such.  Pass it along."

Best regards,
Philip