Pits

You can find more about this indicator by going to
For a short article on OBTR goto
http://www.moneymentor.com/mm_artic.html
>From the long list select On Balance True Range which will
give you a description of this indicator.

I got this indicator from Livewire, a real time charting
program I use with DTN. Livewire gives minimal info on this
indicator.  I have been using this program since 1995 and
have found this indicator keeps me in positions through a
long uptrend where the default settings for Stochastics &
MACD whip you in and out.  Maybe you could adjust the
perameters on these indicators to be more effective but OBTR
works for me so I haven't fiddled with these indicators.
BTW, Stochastics & MACD are used by everyone.  I like an
indicator not used by the masses.

Following is a post I made here on 6/29 with all the info I
have from Livewire on this.

>Some have been looking for an indicator that won't swing
them in and out
>of positions like stochastics and to a lesser degree MACD
does.  I also
>use a program called Livewire in conjunction to DTN.  DTN
supplies the
>data and Livewire does the charting real time from the data
(when the
>data comes in the chart changes.)  Livewire has an
indicator called
>On-Balance True Range that I swear by.  Livewire gives
little info about it.
>When you select this indicator you get a five item choice
list:

>   1) Seed, # Points (1-250) 10 is the default value.
>   2) 1st MA # Points(1-250) 10 is again the default
>   3) 1st MA Type (S,E,W)     E is the default.
>   4) 2nd MA # points (1-250) 10 is again the default
>   5) 2nd MA Type (S,E,W)     E is the default

>Obviously MA means moving average.  I'm guessing S,E,W
means Simple,
>Weighted or Exponential.  Thats it.  I'm new to MegaStock
but I haven't
>yet found this in their list of indicators.  If someone
knows where it
>is let me know.  Any way, it works.  It keeps you in a
stock thats
>moving and tells you when to get out.  Has two lines like
stochastics
>but it stays with a trend unlike stochastics which will
give numerous
>buy and sell signals along the way.

>Anyone else familiar with this indicator?

Bob Doeden
Chicago