Re: Tick Data in Excel

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997 20:46:02 -0400, you wrote:

>a while back i sent an e-mail to the group with a title
>" ultimate signal" & i was told that the formula was based on the zig-zag
>formula;
>i am now searching again for this formula ( as i lost my previous
>records)
>if anyone has a copy of this formula, please  e-mail me.

Hi Mike,

I think the formula is better lost, as the ZigZig is pure hindsight
<g>, along with nice curve fitting over time......

May I suggest, in order to validate my statement, that you print out
the data of a chart with nice ZigZag pattern.

1) Now delete all the data going back a set amount of time.

2) Now Input the data either daily, or to make it easier, a week at a
time.  Each time you enter a set of data (daily or weekly) got back
and look at your signal....

3) While doing this effort, may create 30+ pseudo stocks, each one
with increasing data.

4) Compare the movement of the indicators over the time period.

This should be a real education.

Use your imagination, and use the downloader to create and delete
blocks of data for this study......

-= Chris =-

You have to know your tools before you can create a masterpiece.<g>