Re: [Fwd: Square of time]

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Neal Hughes wrote:

> I could write a quick perl script to convert a string
> of numbers into a file with one number per line which
> would import as a column into Excel. Is that what
> you need? Post a line of values here so we can see
> what the input data will be.

I would suggest posting the html containing the data, since it would
probably be preferable to create a socket, grab the web page containing
the data, then parse the data returned, all within that one perl script.
Using a browser to retrieve the page, saving as (text | html) and then
using a script to parse what was retrieved manually is a little labor
intensive. Retrieving the page in Perl is about 3 lines of code.

Cheers,

Jim

PS: If you post the html, leave out the <html> and </html> tags,
otherwise some newsreaders may try to interpret.