Re: Quantum, QNTM

I suspect the reason for the differences is the starting date for the
calculations.  Since the MACD uses two exponential moving averages the
start date must match.  If you are using the formula call MACD() then
the calculation will be the same as the chart as long as the starting
date is the same.  But, the built-in MACD matches Gerald Appel's
calculation exactly and a custom formula can not do that.  In order to
maintain the mathematical integrity of the MACD as prescribed by Gerald
Appel, MetaStock does not allow the time periods in the MACD to be
changed.  The MACD is actually the difference between   0.075 and 0.15
exponential moving averages.  No exact time periods (using whole
numbers) correspond with these percentages.  If you want to plot an
MACD-like indicator using moving averages other than the ones
recommended by Gerald Appel, use the Price Oscillator.

Equis Support