data suppliers

Thomas,

I think Jim's translation is excellent and I thought you might
appreciate some additional definition of the American slang expression
"fried" or, "to get fried", that comes from the American Heritage
Dictionary.

fry 1 ( frē) v. fried fryˇing fries ( frēz) v. tr. 1. To cook over
direct heat in hot oil or fat. 2. Slang To destroy (electronic
circuitry) with excessive heat or current: “ a power surge to the
computer that fried a number of sensitive electronic components ”  Erik
Sandberg-Diment v. intr. 1. To be cooked in a pan over direct heat in
hot oil or fat. 2. Slang To undergo execution in an electric chair. n.
pl. fries ( frēz) 1. A French fry. Often used in the plural. 2. A dish
of a fried food. 3. A social gathering at which food is fried and eaten:
a fish fry. [Middle English frien from Old French frire from Latin
frēgere]

Unfortunately, the definition of the word "get" is EXCEEDINGLY difficult
to explain since it can appear in front of thousands of other words
giving the combined pair slang meanings that in some cases you don't
really want to know.  It's a useful word mind you, but it can be
dangerous if used in certain contexts.

For example, you are probably familiar with common English words such
as: up, down, over, with, through, along, across, after, and at.  If you
put the word "get" in front of any of those words, they can have a slang
meaning which is quite different from what the word would mean when used
by itself.

Anyhow, I enjoy your astute commentary on the markets and I look forward
to reading your posts.

Leo Karl