STOCH ENTRY RULE

Hi Jim, Claud, Frank, Michael,

what a surprise! I just looked into my mailbox to see, if my first mail to the
MS-list took the right way, and found already some answers! And they are not
only interesting and encouraging, but also give me a very warm welcome.
Thanks to you!

Since there were also some questions, I will try to answer them in this mail:

Claude,
thanks for the german greetings! You asked:
>How do you exit your trades? Do you use the reverse of the buy set-ups in the
stochastics?

No, normally I use following stops (I donīt know, if this is a correct english
expression), that follow rising prices. I determine them using candlestick
charts and I never retract them!
Stochastic-exits didnīt show good reliability, except when crossing Trendlines
you can find
sometimes.

>Also, in paragraph 10 of your post, I assume you meant 15/9
>and not 18/9 as it appeared.
Right you are! Sorry for the missing concentration!

>I am curious to see how you wrote thefilter in the exploration. Perhaps you
could cut and paste
>it into a reply.
Iīll send it in a following mail, I think there are more interested people.

Jim,

thank you for your hints on the fundamentals, and your proposed stop limit
sounds good. I just like to have it a little tighter.  You wrote:
>I don't use stochastics myself since I've found that while they give very good
signals when they are
>right, they tend to give too many false signals.

I needed some time to find a proper way to use the stochastic, but the book “M.
Pring on Market Momentum” inspired me to work a little more on it, and now I
have some good results. And of course only after confirmation by other
indicators!

>It set an all time low in late June.
This wasnīt an all time low,  according my data, in late 1987 you could buy
Novell for less than 2 $ (split adjusted)!

OK folks, so far for the general answers. Since you gave me such a nice welcome,
you have to
expect some more of my ideas in your mailboxes. I use some other explorations
besides the stochastic an will tell you about in future mails!

Greetings
              Thomas