Data check

  • To: metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Subject: Re: Have you checked your Data lately?
  • From: Robert Doeden <bdoeden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:08:49 -0700 (PDT)

I've struggled with this problem for a long time.
Generally, the difference is due to whether the data
includes Globex trading which starts the evening before.
The WSJ & Reuters includes Globex and Inv Bus Daily does
not.  I use DTN for delayed data and it doesn't include
Globex.  I want my charts to include Globex so I have to
continuously adjust my
DTN data which I feed into Livewire for real time charting.

I trade currencies quite often since they've cleaned up the
pits at the Merc a few years ago.
There was a bunch of whor-- down there before the govt sent
in the spies.  They used to be as bad as the New York pits
are now.  Those NY traders remind me of those yoyos
selling electronics in NYC.  My advice: stay away from both
is you can.

Anyway, if you trade currencies plan on watching the markets

on Globex as well as the
markets on the Merc.  With currencies you can get either
rich or poor fast.  Don't trade
them on a shoestring.  You will be a sure loser.  Earlier
this year I went long 10 contracts
Yen.  Didn't take long to be out about $75,000.  I believed
in my position & hung in there
and in a couple of weeks made that back & a lot more.
Couldn't have done it without
the capital I keep in reserve.

Bob Doeden
Chicago
Remove the "spam" from the address when replying.