Re: $100 stocks

Mr. Meyer

Thank you very much for answering my E-mail.

As I shall be trading on Sao Paulo Stock Exchange in Brazil, I'll translate your references to NYSE to BOVESPA.

There are two words you used that, I am sorry, but I need a precise definition: Up/down vol ratio and Tick.

As far as I have observed in some articles I have read, tick means the same as US$0,25. Is that correct? But if so, how can it help in a trading strategy?

And the UP/Down vol? Does it mean the ratio between the volume in an up phase divided by that of the next down phase. Is it the sum of the volume in all the up phases in a day divided by the corresponding sum in the down phaes of the same day? Is it something else?

Mário A. A. Vilas Bôas
vilasboa@xxxxxxxxxxxx