Re: A Really Nice Raff Regression Channel

>The help I ask you is if anybody does have an intra-day trading sistem =
>for trading securities options, that could share with me. I am needing =
>some that I shall use as starting points to begin making tests and =
>experiences in such a way that I can (some day I hope) have my own =
>principles and methods.=20

Don't know where too begin, but I myself have started to look at intraday data
for day trading. I don't know all but can share what I do know. First the
Up/Down vol ratio NYSE is important. Greater than 2 you are safe to go long.
Between 2 and 1 the market will move in a particular direstion but no clear
direction during the day. Less than 1 is a safe bet to be short.

The Tick is also helpful and we have just started watching it and it will take
some time before the Tick is going to give me important info.

You also need to plot an index like the SOX or PSE to which your stock moves.
This way it gives one more thing to compare with. If Vol ratio is good and
index is going up and your security follows the index then it is a safe bet to
be long.

You can do the same for the NASDAQ.

As far as ploting the security I am finding that I use a 2 period and 5 period
moving averages on 5 minute intervals. To me it is important to have an active
stock like IBM, MU, INTC, etc. For charting purposes and for options purposes.
The option will be more liquid and will move with the stock.

Also I am finding it beneficial to expand my viewing horizon as the price
fluctuates on a daily basis.

Lets say that MU had a run up over several days and is now headed lower. As the
price moves lower I need to continue to include the day that was the highest
close.

So the first day the price moves lower I need to plot two day of intraday data.
If it moves lower again I need to include a third day of 5 minute data. And so
on.

A good internet brokerage account is also helpful so you can get fast
execution. Lastly but by no means the least you need to be good at daily
charts.

Harley Meyer
meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx