FW: Program patches on the web

To Guy and all the rest of you.

Equis does listen.  We always have.  But, some of you feel we do not.
Unfortunately, the posting from Equis Support the other day was a bad
choice of words and contributed to this misunderstanding.  But, it was
based upon information the support representative thought was correct.
I, as the manager of this department apologize for this and take full
responsibility.  What should have been said was that we weren't posting
patches because we hadn't determined yet the best way to do it for our
32 bit program.  With that said, let me pass on some information.

Sometime today, a patch to MetaStock for Windows 95 & NT will be posted
at www.equis.com.  Go to the files area.  This was not in response to
Guy's rather loud posting yesterday, but in response to the requests we
have had from you and others to do this.  The release of these patches
is a coincidence to Gut's posting.  As it happens, they were being built
yesterday.  For a few weeks, we had been looking at multiple ways to
accomplish posting the patch.  We decided on what we feel is the best,
most fail safe method.  Because of our research, the patch is only
slightly more than 1/2 mega byte which should make for a fairly quick
collection.  We wish we could solve all our issues as quickly as we were
able to solve this one.

I don't want to "beat a dead horse" but I do want to get this point
across one more time.

"I posted some comments yesterday and hope that all of you took the time
to read them.  I am not interested in a long "battle" with any of you.
I am not here to debate "company policy".  I, as the support manager,
am only interested in providing you with the best support possible.  All
of our support representatives feel the same way.  The support
department does not make the business decisions nor does it make the
programming decisions.  We are here to help solve program issues you may
be having.  We are charged with supporting the programs that are
available, not with determining what the next version of our software
will look like nor what it will include.  Each and every suggestion we
receive, no matter how it is stated, is forwarded to the proper people.
That is all a support representative can do."

Please keep sending your suggestions to us.  We listen and are concerned
when something doesn't work the way you think it should or is not in our
program that you feel should be.  As I have said, everything is passed
along to the proper people.  By the way, there are multiple ways to get
these suggestions to us.  Mail, facsimile, suggestions@xxxxxxxxx,
support@xxxxxxxxx and of course this list.

Bill Forman
Customer Support Manager