Channel trade: RSYS

Thanks.  That was what I was looking for.

For everyone else; what you get here is a list of stock symbols rated
>70 EPS Rank and >70 RS Rank in IBD on July 1, 1997.

Here is one way to get this list into Metastock.  (No doubt there are
easier ways, but this is what I did, not knowing any better.)

Using my text editor, I added a line to the top of the file:
Then I added this to the end of every line in the file:
,07/01/93,1
Thus a typical line ended up looking like this:
MSFT,07/01/93,1
Then I created a new folder named 7070.  I ran the DownLoader, Tools,
Convert.  For Input I specified the text file, Type ASCII text, Output
to 7070, and under Options, First Date=7/1/93 and "Create New Files".
Downloader then created all the securities for me in 7070.

Next, I used Downloader to update all the securities in 7070.
Last, I deleted the data <7/2/93, which got rid of my bogus $1 price
on 7/1/93.

There must be an easier way, but Downloader would not accept the list
of ticker symbols without at least a date and one price.  If I used
today's date, then Downloader would not bring in earlier price data.
I chose 7/1/93 because four years of data is enough for me.

Next comes the arduous task of looking at all 700 of these charts and
selecting the ones in good uptrending channels.

I do this using a sophisticated pattern-matching device called "my
eyes".  Does anyone know how to do an Exploration that spots valid
channels?  Remember, since these stocks all have high RS, they are all
on uptrends.  The question is, do they have well-defined channels?

What is a well-defined channel?  I like ones that are parallel to the
26-day or 50-day Moving Average, and have parallel support and
resistance lines that are confirmed by price reversals at lease twice.