DEFENSA PERSONAL

  • To: jshaddy@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Brady Breakout
  • From: surfingrincon@xxxxxxxx (jeff f brady)
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 23:11:20 -0700 (PDT)

That would be me.  It all looks right to me, do you have the FILTER
ENABLED = YES, on ?

FD showed on this exploration for dates 7/8 and 7/9.  when I ran the
exploration again for 7/8 the following values came up for each column:
cola = 76.2399
colb=  54.9347
colc=   - 0.1985
cold=    -0.2036
cole=   - 0.3412
colf=     -0.1831

I think you can run the exploration for daily date = 7/18/97, and then
hit the inspect button and see what values you get for FD.  If you don't
get the above values for each column, let me know what you do get and
from there I may be able to track the difference.

PS. this stock is in a short to intermediate downtrend starting May 19th
to present 7/11.  Looking at closing prices only,  two parallel lines can
be drawn encompassing this downtrend.  It tried real hard to close above
this downtrend today but closed right below the trend line.  I think that
this stock needs to break above this upper band in order to justify a
long position.  However it did hit the daily parabolic moving average
that was just above these prices and this may indicate the beginning of a
up trend.

Good luck, if you ever get any securities popping up on this exploration,
let me know.
 It's no holy grail , but it seems to find some good prospects but other
indicators should be checked out before making a commitment, such as
channels,price formations, weekly macd and stochastic, yearly macd and
stochastic, overhead resistance, what are the parabolic saying, is the
obv confirming the price movement, is the security within it's bollinger
bands? etc., these are a few I check out.

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:18:18 -0500 Jim Shaddy <jshaddy@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
>Jeff:
>
>I'm not sure if I have the right Brady, but some time ago, you? shared
>with
>the metastock group a screen you performed in explorer set up as
>follows:
>
>col a:  Stoch(5,3)
>col b:  Ref(Stoch(5,3), -1)
>col c:  MACD()