MetaStock RT and Signal Card

I have been forced to return to work in Boston. I am considering
replacing my Signal Box with a Signal Card for a laptop. It seems to me
that, since the current MetaStock RT is a DOS program, the laptop will
not be able to multitask and will thus be a dedicated machine. For this
reason I think that a barebones machine is all that I need to run
MetaStock RT. Does anyone have any suggestions for laptop specifications
for this application. Also wondering if anyone has any comments about
the Signal Card.
Thanks,     Bill Blue