free longterm data

Finally got around to getting organized.  Have put a number of
longterm data files on my ftp site which may be of interest to some of
you for back testing models.  The files are available with your web
browser at:
ftp://ftp.teleport.com/pub/vendors/sarig

or with an ftp client at:
ftp.teleport.com/pub/vendors/sarig

(The "vendors" was an accident in setting up the ftp site- I'm not
selling this stuff).  The list below gives you the current contents of
the site.

W_GOLD.ZIP  Weekly H&H base price of Gold 1/76 to 4/97

VL_A.ZIP  Value Line Arithmetic Average, daily, 2/89 to 4/97

W_SP500.ZIP The S&P 500 index, weekly, from 1/28 to 4/97

CRB_RAW.ZIP  The CRB Raw Industrials Index, monthly, 1/47 to 3/97

MONEY.ZIP  M1 (WKLY, 1/75-3/97), M2 (WKLY, 11/80-3/97), M3 (MONTH,
1/59-3/97)

XOI.ZIP  The Amex Oil and Gas Index, daily from 2/91 to 4/97

XAU.ZIP  The Amex Gold and Silver Index, daily, 3/89 to 4/97

LT_NY.ZIP  About 20 years of daily data (A,D, UVOL,DVOL, etc.) on the
NYSE

LT_OTC.ZIP  About 20 years of data similar to LT_NY.ZIP on the Nasdaq
Market.

Sorry, I can't email the data.  If you don't have access to ftp, find
a friend who does.  Any of the files will fit on a floppy if a friend
downloads them for you.

Enjoy.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.