Re: AOL Mail and Increased Usage

Tom,
do you know why?  It's because of the temporarily free premium games they are
having now.  I sometimes have trouble getting online and I have 6 local
numbers to choose from.  AOL takes so much in telephone resources that
sometimes at 10pm I get a message from the telephone company saying "all
lines are busy"!  Wow.  AOL will start charging beginning exactly on 7/19 ET.
 As soon as 7/19 rolls around, just wait and see how usage drops.

I have chatted with many AOL gamers and they all tell me they can't afford or
won't pay the $2/hour charge.  I also will not pay it.  If I want to play
online, I will simply buy the new MechWarrior2: Mercenaries game for $40 or
less and play on the Net for free.

I suggest you enjoy the free games in the meantime, although I am already
bored with them.  Right now I am studying MetaStock v6 which I find more
interesting. <g>

Daniel.

<< I saw your posts on the MetaStock listserver.  Being slow is just one of
 AOL's problems.  Don't know if you noticed but it started six weeks ago.
 Out going mail is the lesser of two evils.  Incoming mail is usually 12 - 24
hours late.  I subscribe to the Trendy e-mail stock service and mail that
used to come daily prior to 9:00 pm the day before the market opens now comes
after the market closes.  In fact I just received an e-mail from Trendy for
the market open for July 1st.  AOL says they are working it but they can't
fix it in four weeks.   >>