Re: My sick computer

On Fri, 4 Jul 1997, Thurl C Van Kirk wrote:

> Anyone can jump on this-- feel free to do so.  Two days ago, out of a
> clear blue, hotter than Hades sky, my 486 Amita computer has started
> working about half speed.  Look fellows, i'm a user, not an expert on

Someone already suggested the Turbo button was pressed, although on many
systems today this no longer does anything. Have you scanned your system
for viruses (virii)? I think the Stoned virus is one which will slow a
system down. Worth checking out. Also, how much virtual memory do you
have and how is it configured?

Cheers,

Jim