finding where securities are located.

I have several directories of securities.  There are times when I want to
copy a chart/data from one directory into another.  This is no problem if I
remember where the security is located, or I can find it in a reasonable
(short time) search.  Otherwise its a real tedious chore.

Is there any way to print out the list of securities in a file, or to do a
computer search in my data folder to locate in which directory a security
is located?

Metastock V 4.xx had a basic program which would show a list of securities
in each directory, but wouldn't print it out.

any suggestions ?

Lionel Issen