RE: Quotes Plus, MetaStock 6, and Investor's Reference Library

Dick,

<<  I found out too late that the point and  figure charting is drawn
COMPLETELY wrong (in comparison to the  Dorsey-Wright-Chartcraft
equivalents)>>

In what way is it wrong?  This is so basic, I don't know how any company can
botch this.

<<  and even the Win95 interface is  botched ! You can't just bring the chart
window forward by clicking on  it..You have to close everything first, and on
and on and on  >>

I'm not sure which "chart window" you mean.  If you have many different and
separate stock price charts, all you do is click on "Window" on the top
taskbar, and choose the chart you want.  If you have one chart with many
inner "windows", you click on the little button in the upper right corner of
the inner window, second from right, to expand the inner window to full
window.

<<  It's a resource hog and slow as molasses.   >>

You're right about this.  Compared even to the buggy Window on Wall Street,
it's incredibly slow.  I have no idea why.  Because they "designed it from
the ground up for Windows 95", they probably cut corners to save time and get
it to market.  I suspect they used mostly a higher language such as C++ and
probably used the operating system for many functions.  This would slow even
the most powerful computer system.  Typically, a program would be programmed
95% higher language and 5% assembly language to speed it up (my knowledge may
be outdated).  WordPerfect used to be my slowest application, now MetaStock 6
takes this prize.

<<  The next MS6 version should be a FIX.....NOT AN UPGRADE !  >>

You can forget that.  I don't think Equis will do this.  Just as if I was
looking at a chart, their past history indicates this will not happen.  Of
course, MetaStock is still a good program and they have to stay in business
also.  Besides, I bought MetaStock 6 used so I can't complain.  Equis has a
generous title transfer policy.  Cheapskate Omega Research doesn't, so I am
not buying any of their add-on programs or upgrading their product, unlike
Equis.

<<  OTOH, I bought the Technifilter DOS program a month ago, and I love it.
 It's such a pleasure to have a FAST functional program without bugs and
 hassles, and I understand that the Win95 upgrade is due out this month.  >>

I looked at the comparison chart on the TA Stocks & Commodities.  It's
interesting how many features Technifilter Plus has which MS6 doesn't.

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/Survey/97softwr.html

With all of the smaller TA software companies, the main concern is data
compatibility.  It should be able to convert data into MetaStock format, not
just read it.

Well I have to get back to MetaStock 6.  If anyone has a bug list for
MetaStock 6 please send it to me.  I want to be aware of any problems I might
have with the program.

Daniel.

<< Subj:	Re: Equis noncooperation with data vendors