RE: MetaStock 6 and Quattro Pro 7

In a message dated 97-06-24 16:46:42 EDT, metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Read your mail about the first step of using fundamentals then technical
analysis. I am trying to use the AAII stock data base and filter out
desirable potential candidates for the technical analysis. If you wish to
explore more of this filtering process let me know. I also am interested in
what others are doing so please feel free to share if you will.

This is to all MetaStock users:
My budget will allow me to buy ONE product:  either

American Association of Individual Investors monthly CD-ROM (in August),
(800) 428-2244, or
Investor's Reference Library CD-ROM, (800) 863-1670.

Should I go the fundamentals route or should I go mostly the technical route?
 With the AAII I can do searches with fundamental data and pick out the
highest quality stocks.  With the IRL I can divide all US stocks into their
respective industry groups and automatically create indices.  Both products
seem to give important information.

There is one thing I don't like about AAII.  It doesn't give fundamentals on
all US stocks.  From what I understand it's about 7,000.  AAII gives earnings
estimates on even fewer companies, about 4,000.  Recalling last year's price
patterns, a stock doesn't always need excellent fundamentals to increase in
price.  Syquest is one example (short term).  Which product should I
initially get?

Daniel.