Re: MACD trading

Yes it does affect the indices. After I include a stock in a index, a name or and symbol changes causes me to delete that stock from its index. If an index contains a large in number of stocks the effect on the index of dropping one stock is minimally. But when the index only includes three or four issues the effect, in my opinion, is much more profound. An example would be "Autos Domestic" which does not contain many issues.

I have corrected for stock splits and this does not seem to cause any difficulties. Also the program has the ability to edit number of shares outstanding and the number of shares owned. these two parameters are necessary for the proper indexing. They allow different types of indexing.