Re: Write protection

Tom,
     I wasn't really talking about the fundamentals of the stock, but instead
the investment story.  For example, "brokers have to be coining money at these
high volume levels" or "farm equipment manufacturers will do well because of
the high grain prices".  I realize that's not the sponsorship you are talking
about, but instead is one of the factors along with a stocks fundamentals that
might cause a big brokerage firm to sponsor the stock.
     Back to your thesis.  I agree that stocks can move after big firm sponsor
them.  No matter what causes the move, I like to try to get in ahead of the
sponsorship <G>.