WTB BMI box.

Yes IRL interfaces with Metastock (MS). The following details my approach in setup.
         First define a new folder (suggested). After that you use the IRL CD to export files from their CD to
         that file. If there were files already in the folder with that name I believe they are overwritten. You
         may copy their data up to 5 years. I copied a small amount of data for the duplicate files that I had
         already in one of my original Metastock file folder. I selected portfolio index and then used the
         function to index. I then copied my original metastock files over to this new folder i.e. wrote them
         on top of these initial files. I then renamed the folder to that which I had been using. This is the
         general procedure that I used to create the interface to present MS file folders. The folders may
         contain up to 255 stocks and after indexing the index will be contained also in the same folder.
         Actually my file folders were  moved in location but retained their names that I was accustomed
         to. Any new files to be added to the index should be brought in a similar manner. After making
         a few folders in this manner I checked a box under Metastock Services for collecting indices in
         addition to a separate folder just for indices.

Basically I am using this as a satellite program to the MS program to get indices on groups of stocks which were in the structure of the MS program and data. I found the setup awkward but later changes probably will be smaller in scope and faster due a learning curve.

I use Quote-Plus data but I believe that this program is compatible to Reuter' data. You may wish to confirm this. Equis has a trail period of one month in which if you find that the program is unacceptable they will refund your purchase price minus shipping costs. One thing could come up as a question that is "Does the CD has the necessary Canadian stocks that you wish to include in your indices. I think for US stocks it may be adequate. My finding so far is you are restricted to those stocks contained on their CD. You are not buying an open ended program in which you can collect data anywhere to start indices but a package of data program that are usable only together. After you get the indices started however other data may be used to update your folders. Also as my past e-mail states: the symbols and or names may not be changed by you. A later purchased CD (program and data) must contain that same data with the changed name and or symbol before it can be put into your data. This requires one to continue buying their CDs even though you may wish to continue your present data source. There is
some loss in economy due to this duplication of data (theirs is bulk data and not current).

On the positive side I like having the indices and feel that for a top down analysis of the markets something of this nature enhances ones analysis.