Enough of T. M. Murray already!

There has been a call for a return to discussions about TA and Metastock.
To that end I've attached the chart for LSI to start discussion about
channel trading.  I'm new to this type of analysis so I thought I'd throw
this out here for discussion.

I've drawn two upward trends:  a long term trend starting 7/24/96 and an
intermediate term trend starting on 1/2/97.  The intermediate term has a
slightly higher slope than the long term trend.  To create the channel I
used a copy&paste to create a new line parallel to the trend line and then
dragged so that it just touched the highest high.

So now some questions for channel traders:

1)  Is this the type of chart formation you're looking for?
2)  Is this how you draw your trend lines and channels?
3)  Is it common for the intermediate trend to be in the same direction as
the long term trend?

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\lsi.jpg"

--
Marc Saegesser
mas@xxxxxxxxxxx ???@??? Sun Jun 08 13:43:50 1997