Spezial Systemtest

On Sun, 01 Jun 1997 14:46:46 -0400 Claud Baruch <ClaudB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
>Also have you tried different lengths (periods)?
>I know this uses the zig zag function.

reply:

i tried various combinations, but found tht i got the best results with
my stocks.
it's about 86% accurate for my portfolio.
for the other 14% where it doesn't work well,  i add an rsi filter eg.
and rsi(9)<48 for buy and rsi(9)>61 for sell [after doing a system test].

i use it to let me know the trend of a stock- i think it is as good as
any moving average, which are also late in their signals.
{i like to use mostly oscillators:rsi divergence, fibonacci  cci & trend
lines}
 i tend to use it as another confiming tool.
i also keep in mind that it is a hindsight indicator (using zig-zag -just
as you mentioned)

mike