metastock-digest Digest V

On the Metastock CD, it looks as though the symbols
are all based on Reuter's data. Since, Dial/Data
is also popular how does one convert the data
that exists on the CD into a format for use with
Dial/Data. Are the stock symbols for Reuter's and
Dial/Data the same? I seem to have little problem
with stock data, it is index, futures, and options
symbols that give me the most problem. Also, hoe do
you convert a stock symbol that has moved from one
exchange to another?