From: Richard Estes <dick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: metastock-list <metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fw: Bookopinion
Date: Quinta-feira, 8 de Maio de 1997 16:02

Richard Estes
 ----
From: Richard Estes <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Jim Greening <JimGinVA@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, May 08, 1997 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: Bookopinion

After waiting two weeks, I just got back from my bookstore where I reviewed
my ordered copy of "Beyond Technical analysis" . I said no thanks. Whereas
his "The New Technical Trader" is worth the $50 outlay, and one of the top
10 of TA books. That is where you find CMO, DMI, VARMA. STOCHRSI, and etc.
The "beyond" book is written for the intermediate or sharp beginner. There
are no new stones unturned, instead he moves back from the "good"
indicators he is capable of to teaching a little system test for dumbies
type book. Not one mention of Aroon, CMO, etc.
It is not a bad book, I don't think Chande can write a bad book. At 1/2 the
price of $75, get it.

Richard Estes

----