remove

On Sat, 03 May 1997 21:46:17 EDT, you wrote:

>i noticed that the MACD indicator peaks at extreme prices, so i wrote
>an exploration & did some testst & so far pretty good results.
>
>MACD INDICATOR PEAKS AT TOPS & BOTTOMS OF PRICE MOVEMENTS
>
>BUY:
>TroughBars(1,MACD(),29)=1
>
>SELL:
> PeakBars(1,MACD(),29)=1
>
>anyone willing to improve on it please feel free & keep me posted.

Hi Mike...

Is this what you had in mind?

MACD Buy Signal Exploration:
{Securities that just generated MACD buy signal}

ColA:
CLOSE

ColB:
MACD()

ColC:
Ref(MACD(),-1)

ColD:
Mov(MACD(),9,EXPONENTIAL)

ColE:
Ref(Mov(MACD(),9,EXPONENTIAL),-1)

ColF:
((MACD()-Mov(MACD(),9,EXPONENTIAL)) /
Abs(Mov(MACD(),9,EXPONENTIAL)))* 100

Filter:
When(MACD(),>,Mov(MACD(),9,EXPONENTIAL)) AND
When(Ref(MACD(),-1),<,Ref(Mov(MACD(),9,EXPONENTIAL),-1))

Did you really want to buy at the extremes, or did you mean to buy at
the cross of the signal line? Conversely, you can write this for a
sell signal. Maybe even create a binary wave.

-= Chris =- using MSW 6.0 / FastTrack / TC2000 / FastRUBE