trendline crossing

On Fri, 2 May 1997 23:06:55 -0400 (EDT),
Tom9641@xxxxxxx wrote...
>I am setting up my IRL and am stuck on how to set up my own indexes.  I have
>all my stocks in c:\equis\data and my industry groups in c:\equis\industry.
> When I try to set up my own indexes I go to the build/update indexes.  I
>then change the path to c:\equis\data but not one of my stocks shows.  The
>only thing out of the ordinary that I can think of is that when I set up the
>industry groups it asked me where MSWIN was.  (c:\equis\mswin).  Any help
>would be appreciated.

Tom,
I am a bit tired so I am not reading this too well but I get the jist of your
problem.

I also did this as well but go one step farther
c:\equis\data

where data is an empty subdirectory.

This is also the "current path" that is used in IRL.

When IRL greats your industry groups it creates them as subdirectories of
the subdirectory "data".

Now anytime you create another subdirectory of "data" and store what ever
security that you want to create an index for. It will show up in IRL in the
list for generating indexes. An index will be placed in each subdirectory
(industry group) and the _index subdirectory will also be updated with that new
subdirectory index as well.
Oh the _index subdirectory is a subdirectory of data i.e. c:\equis\data\_index
Hint any new subdirectory of data that you add place a _ like _newfolder, as an
example. That way it will float to the top of the directory tree.

I hopw this hlps

If not howler. But it should do the trick for you.

Harley Meyer
meyer093@xxxxxxxxxx