Commodity Portf. mgr

Peter:
The theory behind the FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) is well developed - it's
used in engineering applications to transform one variable (say, current
flow) from one domain to nother (say, frequency) for analysis.

As far as TA goes, I've used it a bit, with mixed results.  One suggestion
that I heard (through this forum) was to check this against the results of a
specific trading system to validate it.  For example, if your system has an
average hold period close to 1/2 of a predominate cycle in the FFT, you have
pretty good assurance that the cycle is REALLY there.

Hope that this helps.

Good luck, Mark