Re: [amibroker] Detecting data mining bias with modified Monte Carlo procedure

Hello,

Nice subject whitneybroach.
I would like to open it to another field, the one of the multi-objective
optimizitation.

Actually random walk, monte carlo can be made "raw", so you extract all
statitstic from each run, and finally you can look for the best solution for
several objective at the same time... but this is too too and... too ...
long time consuming if you have complex system with many parameters.
MPC can be good, but I think it is long time computation too ?

We got IO too (it use neural networks if i am right), thanks Fred, it can
have several goals, but i don't know how it works inside... are all the
goals reached during different optimization process (several
single-objective optimization) or is it real multi-objective optimization ?

Here is a good articles on multi-objective optimization wich review several
methods (for gentics, but same can be used for trading i guess) :
http://www.calresco.org/lucas/pmo.htm

My question is, are their some people here who try to use some of those
another technics of non linear optimisation with multi-objective.

Cheers,
Mich.