YahooGroups staff confirmes bug on their side, was: Re: OT mutiple messages was [amibroker] Re: How to use function?

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: YahooGroups staff confirmes bug on their side, was: Re: OT mutiple messages was [amibroker] Re: How to use function?
  • From: "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:19:17 +0200

Hello,

YahooGroup staff confirmed problems on their end:

" We're aware of the duplicate message bug that has been affecting
groups today and are working to resolve the issue (a side effect of
this bug is that some messages are also being delayed). We have
actually pushed two fixes already, but we are aware that some groups
are still experiencing the problem and that more needs to be done to
fully resolve the issue.

There is, however, one silver lining to this bug. It was the result
of our latest system updates intended to improve email delivery
speeds. So once the bugs are resolved, we should see a significant
reduction in the time it takes to deliver messages to Yahoo! Groups
members.

We will update this blog entry as soon as we have more definitive
information on the status of this issue.

Thank you and our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the
duplicate messages.

The Yahoo! Groups Team

P.S. It would be helpful to get reports of duplicate issues if your
groups are still experiencing the problem with messages posted (not
received) after 8:00 pm PST. If so, please add a comment to the bug
letting us know the name of your group and the message numbers of the
duplicate messages. Thanks! "

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com