[amibroker] New file uploaded to amibroker

<BLOCKQUOTE

  ----- Original Message -----
  <DIV
  >From:
  acesheet

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 5:47
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Sigma
Bands

  snip

  In evaluating Maggio's service ask yourself a few questions. Why
  create a for pay website to sell the idea to others if it works so
  well? Why not just trade your way to financial freedom and retire?
  Beware of snake oil. Maybe he's got something good there - I have to
  admit it looks good - but I sure don't blindly trust a web
  site.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  FWIW, on the basis of a
  discussion with one letter writer, the answer as to why these guys write
  letters is very simple.  The writer is doing this for himself and selling
  it brings in some extra cash and provides a "forced" discipline to keep
  things timely.  There is little concern about adversely affecting
  the method since it is generally true that relatively few actually
  follow the letter and hence will not impact the market.  I suspect that
  many writers are in this mode.I'm sure a discretionary
  trading system could be built using envelopes and oscillators that would
  perform fairly well, however there would really be no way to backtest it.
  Forward testing or trading would be the only way to do it.

  Most likely such a system
  (and the ones that I am aware of that are working now) involve the use of
  other indicators.  Nothing in a
  "vacuum."-ace

Click Here