From: Ken Close [mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 9:47 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Semi-Off Topic: InfoSelect Msg Import

Gary:  you are an IS user!!??  Amazing.

I have learned how to drag-copy groups of messages (or an entire folder)
from within Outlook out to a new folder.  Shut down Outlook and batch
rename all of the "msg" files to "txt" files in the new folder.

Then, using a Windows Script I downloaded, you drag-drop the new folder
onto the windows script and voila, you get an individual text file for
each message that you had in Outlook.

Bummer: the script does convert to plain text (desired) but leaves the
message header information at the top of the text message content
(undesired).

Otherwise, all of the messages are then ready to batch or group IMPORT
into IS, thus making hundreds of messages available for the search
function there.  But I am stuck on the header information.  It takes up
lots of characters and is unsightly.

Thanks for the lead on the yahoo group, I am heading there right now.

Ken