Re: [RT] Pivot tomorrow

  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 07:23:29 -0800
  • From: "Jim White" <jwhite431@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [RT] Pivot tomorrow

Let's take a look at how this played out.
The original forecast called for a high pivot on Wednesday, the Near Impulse day. On that day the market did put in a lower high and lower low than the previous day - an initial sign of a trend reversal. The following day it opened lower and spent much of the day in negative territory, more evidence of weakness. At mid day I had a signal for a lower low on Friday however a late afternoon rally negated that signal and the market closed near its high and above the Thursday high. Outside days like this occur about 15% of the time around Near Impulse dates and indicate underlying strength in the primary trend. This was evident on Friday with a higher high and not much downside pressure. Nevertheless I was able to capture some short profits early on my NextDayTrades.
So what is next. The markets have  Near Impulse dates on Monday and Tuesday and are all in price range for a reversal although I still have no trend change warning or sell signal. My scan for Monday shows slightly more short candidates than long candidates but fewer candidates than last week.Markets with underlying strength frequently reverse after the NI date so that is what I am expecting with downside pressure building on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Good trading to all.

Jim White
Pivot Research & Trading Co.
PivotTrader.com