Re: [RT] RUN TO THE HILLS up 21.43%

  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:18:09 -0800
  • From: "Ira" <mrira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [RT] RUN TO THE HILLS up 21.43%

There are mortgages here in the bay area that are advertised at under 5%.  There are two problems.  One is trying to qualify for one of those loans and second to come up with the down payment to meet their requirements.  That is not counting what they appraise the property at.  Why lend at 5% +/- when you can get 25% to 49% on credit card loans.  right now a good return on a jumbo CD is around 1% +/- and people are scrambling to find a way to get a better return on their investments.  The banks are still having liquidity problems and from what I understand it is very difficult to borrow money for personal or business use.  Being I don't borrow money I don't know what the actual cost is for a car loan or other types of loans, but I do get those nasty notices from my credit card company on just what they are doing with their interest rate policies.  Now you don't even have to bend over to get the surprise of your life.

Ira