[RT] EW counts

Here’s the leading candidate for an EW count.  It’s bullish because it is tentatively calling yesterday’s an impulse wave at least a zig zag leading to higher prices or a new historic bull (I think).

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_TwUS3GyHKsQ/SuoMhMBzG1I/AAAAAAAACYA/DfI90POEwYg/s1600-h/spx10.png

Perhaps an alternate? An irregular flat at the bottom of your primary count shows as (v). That (v) would be the 'b' of the proposed irregular, 'c' would be ending with the 5th wave from yesterday and the alternate (iv) at the level of the triangle iv.

http://www.screencast.com/users/Virginia_Jim/folders/Jing/media/6e3ad278-6107-4845-821b-96f1e4487306

The key is how you count those last two tiny waves at the very bottom Wednesday, are they both 3's? If so, you have a 3-3-5 from that 'a' to the 'c' that will be ending today.

http://www.screencast.com/users/Virginia_Jim/folders/Jing/media/7d9decca-44ff-434e-922d-3c2045693189

So, another small wave up might, in the alternate, lead to a classic extending fifth wave. It's a stretch but would fit right in with the unexpected nature of a cycle degree 'c' and make a statement that primary 3 has begun.

If correct (VERY UNLIKELY), this morning would be one squiggle up, then a decline on substantially elevated volume. If volume exceeds the last 9 months daily volume, my studies indicate Monday could become crash worthy. Watch what happens at the level of the prior wave iv and note whether there's appreciably higher volume.  Higher volume (40% above the 10 day moving average) is a huge warning signal that preceded the two great crashes.

And, btw, that 1070 level is pretty darn close to the March 9, 2009 upward sloping lower trend line of the ascending wedge that is being re tested and kissed.  Fail to re achieve the ascending wedge implies the outcome associated with the perfect ascending wedge storm (see my post from last night).

If not, it’s just another day in paradise.

Jim