[RT] Regarding a top

I believe freely traded markets are like chaotic systems and , just like the weather, they are not predictable with a high degree of accuracy, more than 3 or 4 days in the future.
Obviously there are economic cycles with generally fixed periods that influence market direction however the relevant periods are best measured in weeks or months with error distributions that make them poor trade decision tools, at least from my perspective.
When I offer an opinion on this forum it is based on tools with reliability ratings based on hundreds if not thousands of cases over extended periods of time. Forecasts based on small sample sets are , in my mind, just guesses and not advised for trading decisions. Calculations showing correlation of events are meaningless unless backed up by a statically significant sample size. Fibonacci calculations, for example, have been shown to be unreliable when considering  large sample sets.
Also, there should be a stated methodology behind the calculations that explains why they are relevant.

All that being said, I offer the following about the coming week.
After three days of trend change warnings and a Near Impulse Date of 10/14 for all, the stock indexes reversed on Friday although only the NASDAQ and Russell closed below Thursday lows, confirming the reversal. Generally we can expect a three - four day persistence in trend following the reversal.  For Monday I generated 36 sell signals for the NAZ 100 and only 6 buy signals supporting expectations of a lower low.My next Near Impulse date shared by all indexes is 10/27 so we may expect a downward continuation until then. We shall see.

Jim White
Pivot Research & Trading Co.
PivotTrader.com