Re: [RT] Bank Loan Performance Lab

Thanks Jim, I will take a look.  My premise here is "the baby may have been thrown out with the bath water" with some of these more conservative banks?
Don Ewers

----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Ross
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 9:45 AM
Subject: RE: [RT] Bank Loan Performance Lab

I?d recommend BB&T, a regional.  When they were a client (I was with KPMG in the ?70s) they were a farming bank out of Wilson NC.  They knew farms and rural areas.  That?s they?re only limitation in your site and all their other loan categories are excellent.  And concerning farms, food might be pretty important to the world.  Jim Rogers on CNBC (George Soros? partner) said he was buying Brazilian farmland a couple weeks ago.  Presumably, food will become more scarce in the future?.and hence more valuable.  I feel like BB&T would know their farmland lending pretty well.  In addition, they have the CDARS program.  You can buy CDs over the $250K limit at their bank and the CDARS program will spread it among several CDARS member banks to get you full FDIC coverage.  You can pick out the banks you want the money to go to.  Very convenient as opposed to dealing with a half dozen banks and keeping track of a half dozen levels of paperwork and maturities?.all on one statement and one window to shop.