[RT] Fw: Fw: Locking your car...

How to Lock Your Car and Why

I locked my car --- as I walked away I heard my car door unlock I went
back and locked my car again three times. I looked around and there
were two guys sitting in a car in the fire lane next to the store.
When I looked straight at them they did not unlock my car again.

How to lock your car safely -
While traveling, my son stopped at a roadside park. He came out to his
car less than 4-5 minutes later and found someone had gotten into his
car, and stolen his cell phone, laptop computer, GPS navigator
briefcase.....you name it...
He called the police and since there were no signs of his car being
broken into - the police told him that there is a device that robbers
are using now to clone your security code when you lock your doors on
your car using your key-chain locking device.

They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know
you are going inside of the store, restaurant, or bathroom and have a
few minutes to steal and run. The police officer said to manually lock
your car door-by hitting the lock button inside the car, that way if
there is someone sitting in a parking lot watching for their next
victim it will not be you.
When you hit the lock button on your car upon exiting...it does not
send the security code, but if you walk away and use the door lock on
your key chain - it sends the code through the airwaves where it can
be stolen. Something totally new to us...and real.

Be aware of this and please pass this note on...look how many times we
all lock our doors with our remote...just to be sure we remembered to
lock them....and bingo someone has our code...and whatever was in the
car...can be stolen.

Snopes Approved.Please share with everyone you know... Good information!!!

signature database 3877 (20090222) __________

http://www.eset.com

07:04:00

<*> Your email settings: