[RT] Riddle? Re: [SM] 900 gold vs. 900 ES

On Jan 1, 2009, at 2:09 AM, Meuter Gisbert wrote:
<<(I'm guessing most would say gold...)>>

And what would you say???

Astro wise it does not look good for stocks after March, so I go for gold

gis

Gis,

I went with the consensus of being long gold (blowoff top), (though the USD was more bullish and outperformed gold in 2008)

I have a riddle, you'd need 2 ES contracts to equal the $1 value per point vs. gold. $100 GCZ9 vs ESZ9 $50

So double the ES margin vs. Comex gold.

but... to put on the challenge, you'd need to double the ES volume, i.e.

twice the underlying strength. so the more bullish gold gets, you'd need to buy twice as much of ES.

I'd say gold will see 1300 before spx will, but in 3-5 years, es, spy, sp, spx will be over gold...

Kevin B. Bantz, buying stock for grand babies worldwide...