[RT] Retail ETF

After getting an unprecedented flurry of impulse dates in a row, it looks to this observer like the market will be somewhat tamer for at least a week.  I had to cast wide and far to find a nearby impulse date.  Except for the S&P Retail ETF, which has an impulse date for tomorrow (11/21), the next closest impulse dates are the QQQ, which has an 11/28 impulse date and the Eurodollar ETF (FXE) which has a 12/02 impulse date.

Few industry groups have been hit as hard as the retailers.  As a group measured by the S&P Retail ETF (XRT) they have lost over 65% of their value from a June 2007 high of $45.51 to today's all-time low of $15.22.  It closed at $15.27.  So I was a bit suprised to have this ETF show up on my radar as having an impulse day tomorrow.  Looking a bit closer at the XRT via a 30-minute chart (see attached) I was a bit surprised to see signs of accumulation (the blue-line indicator on the chart) despite its all-time low close.

Malls are empty, stores and chains are closing, Christmas looks dismal, discounting is very prevailent - in other words retail can't look much bleaker than the present.  So what better time than to buy retail