[RT] Presidential Stock Market Gains - Losses

To answer a question by a friend I put together the table below.  As I remembered hearing, it is readily apparent that the stock market as measured by the DJIA has fared more than twice as well under a Democratic administration.  I put this table out as a matter of stock interest not political for who knows what effect one administration's policies has on its successor.

January             20 Dow Gain /  (Loss) Total Return Annual Return
1920 R 1921 76.10 (14.50) -19% -2%
1932 D 1933 61.60 226.40 368% 18%
1952 R 1953 288.00 346.30 120% 15%
1960 D 1961 634.30 297.00 47% 6%