Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2008 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] nasdaq whats next

Andrew Cardwell - RSI - Positive and negative divergence??

Lenny

In a message dated 8/24/2008 10:40:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jan4123@xxxxxxxxxxnet writes:
Ben,

Not questioning your forecast (I wouldn't dare), but regarding McClellan and perhaps also your barometer (I don't know the basis of it), it looks to me that after the bearish dvg betw 7/24 and 8/15, there is now bullish dvg with the indicator L lower than the L of 8/5 and price L higher and, as such, calling for a rally.
Similar to 8/5 vs 7/28 although both, divergence and negative dvg developed by a flat mkt are unreliable

It can be explained as the correction being actually stronger than what the price shows, makes now the mkt ready to go up again. .

Barbara Starr wrote an article in Stocks & Commodities on dvg of this type years ago and, also years ago, a man whose name escapes me, specialized in dvg, and wrote on the same subject.
Anybody remembers his name?

Jan Philipp