Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2008 11:58 AM
Subject: [TimeandCycles] Re: The Great Bear has just begun

Hi Ben,

Not to be contrary, but I normally associate high dollar to LOWER gold.

If the price of gold stays the same relative to OTHER currencies, it
cost fewer USD to buy it if the USD goes up vs these other currencies.

Also, higher interest rates increase the cost of carry, stated
differently, offer more competition to a non-productive asset like gold.

--- In TimeandCycles@yahoogroups.com, Ben <profitok@xx.> wrote:

> hello Bob
> look at the chart attached of the WEEKLY us dollar
> this to me looks like a VERY bullish chart
> which means
> higher intrest rates
> high gold
> declinning euro/yen