RE: [RT] Indu and S&P

Well, I guess that means GM is going to be nationalised then.  It may be down 98% from its high, but buying here still means a 100% loss when it gets delisted.

From: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ira
Sent: Friday, 27 June 2008 11:31 PM
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RT] Indu and S&P

It was meant as a sarcastic gesture.  Yes, it would be illegal for them to use their recommendations to either create a panic for the purpose of covering a short or making a recommendation in order to profit from the gain or be able to sell into the rally.  It is just that it is very hard to believe that it is a good idea to short these two stocks at their current levels.  Yes, ;they may go lower, but the risk reward ratio just isn't there.  I don't believe that they can go to zero or that the U.S government would let them do so.  Look at the help the government gave Chrysler years back and the help currently given to the financial sector.